The hearing will be held on Tuesday, May 14, 2019, at 10:00 a.m. EDT in Room 366 of the Dirksen Senate Office Building in Washington, DC.
The purpose of the hearing is to examine the importance of and path to achieving mineral security and to receive testimony on the following bills:
- S. 1052, the Rare Earth Element Advanced Coal Technologies Act; and
- S. 1317, the American Mineral Security Act.
The hearing will be webcast live on the committee’s website, and an archived video will be available shortly after the hearing concludes. Witness testimony will be available on the website at the start of the hearing.
- Clear your browser's cache - Guide to clearing browser cache
- Close and re-open your browser
- If the above two steps do not help, please try another browser. Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge have the highest level of compatibility with our player.
Sen. Lisa MurkowskiChairmanSenate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
Sen. Joe ManchinRanking MemberSenate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
Witness Panel 1
The Honorable Joe BalashAssistant Secretary for Land and Minerals ManagementU.S. Department of the Interior
Mr. Jonathan EvansPresident and COOLithium Americas
Dr. John WarnerChairman, National Alliance for Advanced Transportation BatteriesChief Customer Officer, American Battery Solutions
Dr. Paul ZiemkiewiczDirectorWest Virginia Water Research Institute, West Virginia University