The hearing will be held on Thursday, July 28, 2022, at 10:00 am in Room SD-366 of the Dirksen Senate Office Building in Washington, DC.
The purpose of this hearing is to receive testimony on the following bills:
- S. 3145, to amend the Natural Gas Act to expedite approval of exports of small volumes of natural gas, and for other purposes (Cassidy, Kennedy, Inhofe, Rubio, Scott);
- S. 3543, to support research, development, and other activities to develop innovative vehicle technologies, and for other purposes (Peters, Hagerty, Stabenow);
- S. 3719, to establish the Southwestern Power Administration Fund, and for other purposes (Moran, Marshall);
- S. 3740, to provide for a comprehensive and integrative program to accelerate microelectronics research and development at the Department of Energy, and for other purposes (Kelly, Blackburn);
- S. 3769, to amend the Energy Conservation and Production Act to improve the weatherization assistance program, and for other purposes (Reed, Collins, Coons, Shaheen);
- S. 3856, to prohibit the importation of uranium from the Russian Federation (Barrasso, Lummis, Marshall, Cramer, Hoeven, Capito, Rubio);
- S. 4038, to increase the production and use of renewable diesel and sustainable aviation fuel, and for other purposes (Barrasso, Feinstein, Cassidy, Lujan, Daines);
- S. 4061, to amend the Energy Policy and Conservation Act to modify the definition of water heater under energy conservation standards, and for other purposes (Stabenow, Blackburn, Hirono);
- S. 4066, to amend the Energy Act of 2020 to require the Secretary of Energy to establish a program to accelerate the availability of commercially produced high-assay, low-enriched uranium in the United States and to make high-assay, low-enriched uranium produced from Department of Energy inventories available for use in advanced nuclear reactors, and for other purposes (Barrasso);
- S. 4280, to require the Secretary of Energy to remove carbon dioxide directly from ambient air or seawater, and for other purposes (Coons, Whitehouse)
The committee will follow guidelines developed in consultation with the Office of the Attending Physician and the Senate Rules Committee to protect the health of members, staff, and the public.
The hearing will be webcast live on the committee’s website, and an archived video will be available shortly after the business meeting concludes.
- Clear your browser's cache - Guide to clearing browser cache
- Close and re-open your browser
- If the above two steps do not help, please try another browser. Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge have the highest level of compatibility with our player.
Sen. Joe ManchinChairmanSenate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
Sen. John BarrassoRanking MemberSenate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
Witness Panel 1
The Honorable Kathryn HuffAssistant Secretary for Nuclear EnergyU.S. Department of Energy
Mr. Mike WechAdministrator and Chief Executive OfficerSouthwestern Power Administration
Ms. Kelly Speakes-BackmanPrincipal Deputy Assistant Secretary, Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable EnergyU.S. Department of Energy
Mr. Matt LeuckTechnical Services ManagerNeste, U.S.
Mr. Jeff NavinDirector of External AffairsTerraPower