The hearing will be held on Tuesday, October 19, 2021, at 2:30 p.m. in Room 366 of the Dirksen Senate Office Building in Washington, DC.
The purpose of this hearing is to receive testimony on the following bills:
- S. 180, to withdraw certain Bureau of Land Management land from mineral development.
- S. 528, to authorize the Secretary of the Interior to convey certain land to La Paz County, Arizona, and for other purposes.
- S. 607, to discourage speculative oil and gas leasing and to promote enhanced multiple use management of public land and National Forest System land, and for other purposes.
- S. 1214, to amend the Federal Land Policy and Management Act of 1976 to authorize the Secretary of the Interior and the Secretary of Agriculture to enter into cooperative agreements with States to provide for State administration of allotment management plans.
- S. 1411, a bill to provide for the conveyance of certain Federal land to Lander County, Nevada, to designate certain wilderness areas in Lander County, Nevada, and for other purposes.
- S. 1459, to provide for the protection of and investment in certain Federal land in the State of California, and for other purposes.
- S. 1493, to sustain economic development and recreational use of National Forest System land in the State of Montana, to add certain land to the National Wilderness Preservation System, to designate new areas for recreation, and for other purposes.
- S. 1538, to amend the Smith River National Recreation Area Act to include certain additions to the Smith River National Recreation Area, to amend the Wild and Scenic Rivers Act to designate certain wild rivers in the State of Oregon, and for other purposes.
- S. 1583, to reauthorize the Lake Tahoe Restoration Act, and for other purposes.
- S. 1589, to designate certain land administered by the Bureau of Land Management and the Forest Service in the State of Oregon as wilderness and national recreation areas, to withdraw certain land located in Curry County and Josephine County, Oregon, from all forms of entry, appropriation, or disposal under the public land laws, location, entry, and patent under the mining laws, and operation under the mineral leasing and geothermal leasing laws, and for other purposes.
- S. 1631, to authorize the Secretary of Agriculture to convey certain National Forest System land in the State of Arizona to the Arizona Board of Regents, and for other purposes.
- S. 2130, to modify the disposition of certain outer Continental Shelf revenues and to open Federal financial sharing to heighten opportunities for renewable energy, and for other purposes.
- S. 2433, to require the Secretary of the Interior to develop and maintain a cadastre of Federal real property.
- S. 2524, to amend the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act to exclude certain payments to aged, blind, or disabled Alaska Natives or descendants of Alaska Natives from being used to determine eligibility or certain programs, and for other purposes.
The Committee will follow guidelines developed in consultation with the Office of the Attending Physician and the Senate Rules Committee to protect the health of members, staff, and the public. Pursuant to this guidance, Senate office buildings are not open to the public other than official business visitors and credentialed press at this time. Accordingly, in-person visitors cannot be accommodated at this hearing.
The hearing will be webcast live on the committee’s website, and an archived video will be available shortly after the hearing concludes. Witness testimony will be available on the website at the start of the hearing.
- Clear your browser's cache - Guide to clearing browser cache
- Close and re-open your browser
- If the above two steps do not help, please try another browser. Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge have the highest level of compatibility with our player.
Witness Panel 1
The Honorable Sheldon WhitehouseUnited States Senate (RI)
The Honorable Alex PadillaUnited States Senate (CA)
Witness Panel 2
Dr. Steve FeldgusDeputy Assistant Secretary for Lands and Minerals ManagementU.S. Department of the Interior
Mr. Christopher FrenchDeputy Chief, National Forest SystemUSDA Forest Service