PLFM Subcommittee Legislative Hearing
The Subcommittee on Public Lands, Forests, and Mining hearing will be held on Wednesday, September 16, 2020, at 2:30 p.m. EDT in Room 366 of the Dirksen Senate Office Building in Washington, DC.
The purpose of the hearing is to receive testimony on the following:
- S. 180, a bill to streamline the oil and gas permitting process and to recognize fee ownership of certain oil and gas drilling or spacing units (Hoeven);
- S. 1295, Federal Land Asset Inventory Reform Act (Cramer);
- S. 1765, Blackfoot Clearwater Stewardship Act (Tester);
- S. 1870/H.R. 722, Miracle Mountain Designation Act (Lee/Curtis);
- S. 2533, a bill to amend the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act to exclude certain payments to Alaska Native elders for determining eligibility for certain programs (Murkowski);
- S. 2828, Malheur Community Empowerment for the Owhyee Act (Wyden);
- S. 2890, Douglas County Economic Development and Conservation Act (Cortez Masto);
- S. 3241, a bill to amend the John D. Dingell, Jr. Conservation, Management, and Recreation Act to establish the Cerro de la Olla Wilderness in the Río Grande del Norte National Monument, New Mexico (Heinrich);
- S. 3366, Gold Star Families Parks Pass Act (King);
- S. 3427, Modernizing Access to Our Public Land Act (McSally);
- S. 3485, OFFSHORE Act (Whitehouse);
- S. 3670, M.H. Dutch Salmon Greater Gila Wild and Scenic River Act (Udall);
- S. 4431, Emergency Wildfire and Public Safety Act of 2020 (Feinstein);
- S. 4475, La Paz County Solar Energy and Job Creation Act (Sinema); and
- H.R. 255, Big Bear Land Exchange Act (Cook).
Members of the committee may participate in person or online. The committee will follow guidelines developed in consultation with the Office of the Attending Physician and the Senate Rules Committee to protect the health of members, staff, and the public. This includes maintaining six-foot social distance spacing in the hearing room. Pursuant to this guidance, Senate office buildings are not open to the public other than official business visitors and credentialed press at this time. Accordingly, in-person visitors cannot be accommodated at this hearing.
The hearing will be webcast live on the committee’s website, and an archived video will be available shortly after the conclusion of the hearing. Witness testimony will be available on the website at the start of the hearing.
Witness Panel 1
The Honorable Dianne FeinsteinUnited States Senate (CA)
The Honorable Sheldon WhitehouseUnited States Senate (RI)
The Honorable Tom UdallUnited States Senate (NM)
Mr. Chris FrenchDeputy ChiefUSDA Forest Service
Ms. Amanda KasterActing Deputy Assistant Secretary, Office of Land & Minerals ManagementU.S. Department of the Interior
Mr. Mark DunnMemberOwyhee Basin Stewardship Coalition
Mr. Haydn ForwardBoard MemberHeritage Waters Coalition
Ms. Jamie CrockettCo-OwnerGila Backcountry Services