The Subcommittee hearing will be held on Wednesday, November 18, 2020, at 2:30 pm EST in Room 366 of the Dirksen Senate Office Building in Washington, DC.
The purpose of the hearing is to receive testimony on the following:
- H.R. 823/S. 241, Colorado Outdoor Recreation and Economy Act (Neguse/Bennet);
- S. 1695, Human-Powered Travel in Wilderness Areas Act (Lee);
- S. 2804, Pershing County Economic Development and Conservation Act (Cortez Masto);
- S. 2875, Smith River National Recreation Area Expansion Act (Merkley);
- S. 3492, Elko National Cemetery Act (Cortez Masto);
- S. 4215, Bonneville Shoreline Trail Advancement Act (Romney);
- S. 4569, Sunset Crater Volcano National Monument Boundary Adjustment Act (McSally);
- S. 4599, Pecos Watershed Protection Act (Heinrich);
- S. 4603, Forest Health and Biomass Energy Act (McSally);
- S. 4616, Gilt Edge Mine Conveyance Act (Thune);
- S. 4625, National Prescribed Fire Act of 2000 (Wyden);
- S. 4696, University of Alaska Fiscal Foundation Act (Murkowski); and
- S. 4889, Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act Fulfillment Act of 2020 (Murkowski).
Members of the committee may participate in person or online. The committee will follow guidelines developed in consultation with the Office of the Attending Physician and the Senate Rules Committee to protect the health of members, staff, and the public. This includes maintaining six-foot social distance spacing in the hearing room. Pursuant to this guidance, Senate office buildings are not open to the public other than official business visitors and credentialed press at this time. Accordingly, in-person visitors cannot be accommodated at this hearing.
The hearing will be webcast live on the committee’s website, and an archived video will be available shortly after the conclusion of the hearing. Witness testimony will be available on the website at the start of the hearing.
- Clear your browser's cache - Guide to clearing browser cache
- Close and re-open your browser
- If the above two steps do not help, please try another browser. Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge have the highest level of compatibility with our player.
Sen. Mike LeeSubcommittee ChairmanSenate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
Sen. Ron WydenSubcommittee Ranking MemberSenate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
Witness Panel 1
Mr. Chris FrenchDeputy ChiefUSDA Forest Service
Mr. Michael NeddDeputy Director for Operations, Bureau of Land ManagementU.S. Department of the Interior
The Honorable Art BabbottSupervisorCoconino County (Arizona) Board of Supervisors
Ms. Susan Jane M. BrownStaff AttorneyWestern Environmental Law Center