The hearing will be held on Wednesday, June 19, 2019, at 10:00 a.m. EDT in Room 366 of the Dirksen Senate Office Building in Washington, DC.
The purpose of this hearing is to receive testimony on the following bills:
- S. 225, to provide for partnerships among State and local governments, regional entities, and the private sector to preserve, conserve, and enhance the visitor experience at nationally significant battlefields of the American Revolution, War of 1812, and Civil War, and for other purposes (Isakson);
- S. 298, to establish the Springfield Race Riot National Historic Monument in the State of Illinois, and for other purposes (Duckworth);
- S. 327, to amend the Federal Lands Recreation Enhancement Act to provide for a lifetime National Recreation Pass for any veteran with a service-connected disability (Shaheen);
- S. 389, to authorize the Society of the First Infantry Division to make modifications to the First Division Monument located on Federal land in Presidential Park in the District of Columbia, and for other purposes (Moran);
- S. 641, to update the map of, and modify the maximum acreage available for inclusion in, the Yucca House National Monument (Gardner);
- S. 774, to adjust the boundary of the Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area to include the Rim of the Valley Corridor, and for other purposes (Feinstein);
- S. 849, to provide for the inclusion on the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall of the names of the lost crew members of the U.S.S. Frank E. Evans killed on June 3, 1969 (Cramer);
- S. 1152, to provide for the transfer of administrative jurisdiction over certain parcels of Federal land in Arlington, Virginia, and for other purposes (Boozman);
- S. 1582, to establish the White Sands National Park in the State of New Mexico as a unit of the National Park System, and for other purposes (Heinrich); and
- S. 1705, to authorize the Every Word We Utter Monument to establish a commemorative work in the District of Columbia and its environs, and for other purposes (Bennet).
The hearing will be webcast live on the committee’s website, and an archived video will be available shortly after the hearing is complete. Witness testimony will be available on the website at the start of the hearing.
- Clear your browser's cache - Guide to clearing browser cache
- Close and re-open your browser
- If the above two steps do not help, please try another browser. Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge have the highest level of compatibility with our player.
Sen. Steve DainesSubcommittee ChairmanSubcommittee on National Parks
Sen. Ron WydenSubcommittee Ranking MemberSubcommittee on National Parks
Witness Panel 1
The Honorable Kevin CramerUnited States Senator (ND)