The hearing will be held on Tuesday, May 14, 2019, at 2:30 p.m. EDT in Room 366 of the Dirksen Senate Office Building in Washington, DC.
The purpose of this hearing is to receive testimony on the following bills:
- S. 242, To require the Secretary of Agriculture to release reversionary and reserved interests in certain land in the Coconino National Forest in the State of Arizona. (McSally)
- S. 258, To prohibit oil and gas leasing on the National Forest System land in the Ruby Mountains Ranger District located in the Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest, Elko and White Pine Counties, Nevada, and for other purposes. (Cortez Masto)
- S. 434, To provide for a report on the maintenance of Federal land holdings under the jurisdiction of the Secretary of the Interior. (Braun)
- S. 490, To designate a mountain ridge in the State of Montana as ‘B-47 Ridge’. (Daines)
- S. 499, To amend the Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act to apply to territories of the United States, to establish offshore wind lease sale requirements, to provide dedicated funding for coral reef conservation, and for other purposes. (Cassidy)
- S. 526, To withdraw certain Bureau of Land Management land from mineral development. (Heinrich)
- S. 1079, To provide for the withdrawal and protection of certain Federal land in the State of New Mexico. (Udall)
- S. 1262, To designate certain land administered by the Bureau of Land Management and the Forest Service in the State of Oregon as wilderness and national recreation areas, to withdraw certain land located in Curry County and Josephine County, Oregon, from all forms of entry, appropriation, or disposal under the public land laws, location, entry, and patent under the mining laws, and operation under the mineral leasing an geothermal leasing laws, and for other purposes. (Wyden)
The hearing will be webcast live on the committee’s website, and an archived video will be available shortly after the hearing concludes. Witness testimony will be available on the website at the start of the hearing.
- Clear your browser's cache - Guide to clearing browser cache
- Close and re-open your browser
- If the above two steps do not help, please try another browser. Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge have the highest level of compatibility with our player.
Sen. Mike LeeSubcommittee ChairmanSubcommittee on Public Lands, Forests and Mining
Sen. Ron WydenSubcommittee Ranking MemberSubcommittee on Public Lands, Forests and Mining
Witness Panel 1
Mr. Frank BeumActing Associate Deputy Chief, National Forest SystemUSDA Forest Service