The subcommittee hearing will be held on Wednesday, August 22, at 10:00 a.m. EDT in Room 366 of the Dirksen Senate Office Building in Washington, DC.
The purpose of this hearing is to receive testimony on the following bills:
- S. 483 (Murray), Wild Olympics Wilderness and Wild and Scenic Rivers Act;
- S. 1572 (Hatch) / H.R. 3279 (Cook), the Helium Extraction Act;
- S. 1787 (Murkowski), National Geologic Mapping Act Reauthorization Act;
- S. 1959 (Harris), Central Coast Heritage Protection Act;
- S. 2078 (Heinrich), Advancing Conservation and Education Act;
- S. 2160 (Daines), Protect Collaboration for Healthier Forests Act;
- S. 2297 (Thune), Custer County Airport Conveyance Act;
- S. 2721 (Bennet), San Juan Mountains Wilderness Act;
- S. 2809 (Hatch), Emery County Public Land Management Act;
- S. 2907 (Udall), Chaco Cultural Heritage Area Protection Act;
- S. 3245 (Cornyn), Lake Fannin Conveyance Act;
- S. 3297 (Lee), the Washington County, Utah, Public Land Act;
- S. 3325 (Thune), Eligibility for National Grasslands for Grazing Leases and Permits; and
- H.R. 2075 (Walden), Crooked River Ranch Fire Protection Act.
The hearing will be webcast live on the committee’s website, and an archived video will be available shortly after the hearing is complete. Witness testimony will be available on the website at the start of the hearing.
- Clear your browser's cache - Guide to clearing browser cache
- Close and re-open your browser
- If the above two steps do not help, please try another browser. Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge have the highest level of compatibility with our player.
Sen. Mike LeeSubcommittee ChairmanSubcommittee on Public Lands, Forests and Mining
Sen. Ron WydenSubcommittee Ranking MemberSubcommittee on Public Lands, Forests and Mining
Witness Panel 1
The Honorable Michael F. BennetUnited States Senate
The Honorable Tom UdallUnited States Senate
Witness Panel 2
Mr. Christopher McAlearAssistant Director, National Conservation Lands & Community PartnershipsBureau of Land Management, U.S. Department of the Interior
Mr. Marilynne KeyserPresidentFriends and Neighbors of the Deschutes Canyon