The hearing will be held on Thursday, March 22, 2018, at 10:00 a.m. EDT in Room 366 of the Dirksen Senate Office Building in Washington, DC.
The purpose of the hearing is to examine the 2018 Western Water Supply Outlook and the following Water Infrastructure and Drought Resilience Bills:
- S. 2539, a bill to amend the Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2015, to reauthorize certain projects to increase Colorado River System water;
- S. 2560, the Reclamation Title Transfer Act of 2018; and
- S.2563, the Water Supply Infrastructure and Drought Resilience Act of 2018.
The hearing will be webcast live on the committee’s website, and an archived video will be available shortly after the hearing concludes. Witness testimony will be available on the website at the start of the hearing.
- Clear your browser's cache - Guide to clearing browser cache
- Close and re-open your browser
- If the above two steps do not help, please try another browser. Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge have the highest level of compatibility with our player.
Sen. Lisa MurkowskiChairmanSenate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
Sen. Maria CantwellRanking MemberSenate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
Witness Panel 1
The Honorable Timothy PettyAssistant Secretary for Water and ScienceU.S. Department of the Interior
Mr. Derek SandisonDirectorWashington State Department of Agriculture
Mr. Patrick O’ToolePresidentFamily Farm Alliance
Ms. Laura ZiemerSenior Counsel and Water Policy AdvisorTrout Unlimited
Ms. Kathryn SorensenDirectorCity of Phoenix (Arizona) Water Services Department
Ms. Cindy OrtegaSenior Vice President and Chief Sustainability OfficerMGM Resorts International