Subcommittee on National Parks Legislative Hearing on 24 bills
March 17, 2016
366 Dirksen Senate Office Building
The Senate Energy and Natural Resources Subcommittee on National Park will hold a hearing on 24 pieces of legislation. See below:
- S. 2177 (Cochran)/ H.R. 959 (Thompson), a bill to authorize the Secretary of the Interior to conduct a special resource study of the Medgar Evers House, located in Jackson, Mississippi, and for other purposes.
- S. 651 (Boxer) / H.R.1289 (DeSaulnier), a bill to authorize the Secretary of the Interior to acquire certain land in Martinez, California, for inclusion in the John Muir National Historic Site, and for other purposes
- H.R. 1949 (Butterfield), a bill to provide for the consideration and submission of site and design proposals for the National Liberty Memorial approved for establishment in the District of Columbia.
- S. 1329 (Kaine)/ H.R. 2288 (Goodlatte), a bill to remove the use restrictions on certain land transferred to Rockingham County, Virginia, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 2880 (Lewis), a bill to redesignate the Martin Luther King, Junior, National Historic Site in the State of Georgia, and for other purposes.
- S.1930 (Isakson) / H.R. 3371 (Loudermilk), a bill to adjust the boundary of the Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park to include the Wallis House and Harriston Hill, and for other purposes.
- S. 119 (Shaheen), a bill to amend the Federal Lands Recreation Enhancement Act to provide for a lifetime National Recreational Pass for any veteran with a service-connected disability.
- S.718 (Warner), a bill to modify the boundary of Petersburg National Battlefield in the Commonwealth of Virginia, and for other purposes.
- S.770 (Rubio), a bill to authorize Escambia County, Florida, to convey certain property that was formerly part of Santa Rosa Island National Monument and that was conveyed to Escambia County subject to restrictions on use and reconveyance.
- S.1577 (Tester), a bill to amend the Wild and Scenic Rivers Act to designate certain segments of East Rosebud Creek in Carbon County, Montana, as components of the Wild and Scenic Rivers System.
- S.1943 (Alexander), a bill to modify the boundary of the Shiloh National Military Park located in the States of Tennessee and Mississippi, to establish Parker's Crossroads Battlefield as an affiliated area of the National Park System, and for other purposes.
- S.1975 (Mikulski), a bill to establish the Sewall-Belmont House National Historic Site as a unit of the National Park System, and for other purposes.
- S.1982 (Cardin), a bill to authorize a Wall of Remembrance as part of the Korean War Veterans Memorial and to allow certain private contributions to fund the Wall of Remembrance.
- S.1993 (McCain), a bill to establish the 21st Century Conservation Service Corps to place youth and veterans in the United States in national service positions to protect, restore, and enhance the great outdoors of the United States, and for other purposes.
- S. 2039 (Enzi), a bill to designate the mountain at the Devils Tower National Monument, Wyoming, as Devils Tower, and for other purposes.
- S. 2061 (Moran), a bill to designate a National Memorial to Fallen Educators at the National Teachers Hall of Fame in Emporia, Kansas.
- S. 2309 (Brown), a bill to amend title 54, United States Code, to establish within the National Park Service the U.S. Civil Rights Network, and for other purposes.
- S. 2608 (Kirk), a bill to authorize the Secretary of the Interior and the Secretary of Agriculture to place signage on Federal land along the trail known as the `American Discovery Trail', and for other purposes.
- S. 2620 (Blumenthal), a bill to facilitate the addition of park administration at the Coltsville National Historical Park, and for other purposes.
- S. 2628 (Coons), a bill to authorize the National Emergency Medical Services Memorial Foundation to establish a commemorative work in the District of Columbia and its environs, and for other purposes.
If you are having trouble viewing this hearing, please try the following steps:
- Clear your browser's cache - Guide to clearing browser cache
- Close and re-open your browser
- If the above two steps do not help, please try another browser. Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge have the highest level of compatibility with our player.
Witness Panel 1
Ms. Peggy O'DellDeputy Director, OperationsNational Park Service