The Senate Energy and Natural Resources Subcommittee on Public Lands, Forests, and Mining will hold a legislative hearing on the following bills:
- S. 414 (Feinstein), a bill to provide for conservation, enhanced recreation opportunities, and development of renewable energy in the California Desert Conservation Area, and for other purposes.
- S. 872 (Murkowski), a bill to provide for the recognition of certain Native communities and the settlement of certain claims under the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act, and for other purposes.
- S. 1295 (Bennet) / H.R.1324 (Polis), a bill to adjust the boundary of the Arapaho National Forest, Colorado, and for other purposes.
- S. 1448 (Wyden), a bill to designate the Frank Moore Wild Steelhead Sanctuary in the State of Oregon.
- S. 1592 (Flake), a bill to clarify the description of certain Federal land under the Northern Arizona Land Exchange and Verde River Basin Partnership Act of 2005 to include additional land in the Kaibab National Forest.
- S. 1941 (Gardner) / H.R.2223 (Lamborn), a bill to authorize, direct, expedite, and facilitate a land exchange in El Paso and Teller Counties, Colorado, and for other purposes.
- S. 1942 (Gardner) / H.R.1554 (Tipton), a bill to require a land conveyance involving the Elkhorn Ranch and the White River National Forest in the State of Colorado, and for other purposes.
- S. 1955 (Sullivan), a bill to amend the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act to provide for equitable allotment of land to Alaska Native veterans.
- S. 1971 (Boxer), a bill to expand the boundary of the California Coastal National Monument, and for other purposes.
- S. 2069 (Wyden), a bill To amend the Omnibus Public Land Management Act of 2009 to modify provisions relating to certain land exchanges in the Mt. Hood Wilderness in the State of Oregon.
If you are having trouble viewing this hearing, please try the following steps:
- Clear your browser's cache - Guide to clearing browser cache
- Close and re-open your browser
- If the above two steps do not help, please try another browser. Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge have the highest level of compatibility with our player.
Sen. John Barrasso (R-Wyo.)ChairmanSenate Energy and Natural Resources Subcommittee on Public Lands, Forests and Mining
Witness Panel 1
Mr. Glenn CasamassaAssociate Deputy Chief, National Forest SystemU.S. Department of Agriculture
Mr. Steve EllisDeputy Director of Operations, Bureau of Land ManagementU.S. Department of the Interior
Mr. Leo BarlowWrangell RepresentativeSoutheast Alaska Landless Native Corporation
Mr. Buck LindekugelGrassroots AttorneySoutheast Alaska Conservation Council
The Honorable Robert Lovingood1st District SupervisorSan Bernardino County California
Mr. Frazier HaneyConservation DirectorMojave Desert Land Trust