ENR passed 52 energy bills, 25 public lands bills on largely bipartisan basis
Washington, DC – Today, the U.S. Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee held a business meeting to consider pending legislation. The committee reported out 19 energy and lands bills on a largely bipartisan basis. This brings the total for the year to 77 bills - 52 energy and 25 public lands - reported out of the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee.
“Our committee, on a mostly bipartisan basis, will have favorably considered 52 energy bills and 25 public lands bills over the course of the year. This is, of course, in addition to getting the first public lands package in five years enacted. And none of that would be possible without us working together, across the aisle, both on this committee, on the Senate floor, and with our House counterparts. So thank you, Chairman Murkowski, for your leadership and friendship,” Ranking Member Manchin said. “We’ve got the makings of a great energy innovation package that is a key step in addressing the climate challenge. I look forward to seeing it across the finish line with all of you.”
Below is the full list of legislation passed out of the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee.
- S. 225 – Preserving America’s Battlefields Act
- S. 258 – Ruby Mountains Protection Act
- S. 298 – Springfield Race Riot National Historic Monument Act
- S. 327 – Wounded Veterans Recreation Act
- S. 389 – FIRST Act
- S. 430 – A bill to extend the Secure Rural Schools and Community Self-Determination Act of 2000
- S. 434 – A bill to provide for a report of the maintenance of Federal land holdings under the jurisdiction of the Secretary of the Interior
- S. 490 – B-47 Ridge Designation Act
- S. 526 – Buffalo Tract Protection Act
- S. 641 – Yucca House National Monument Boundary Revision Act
- S. 774 – Rim of the Valley Corridor Preservation Act
- S. 1152 – A bill to provide for the transfer of administrative jurisdiction over certain parcels of Federal land in Arlington, Virginia, for other purposes
- S. 1262 – Oregon Recreation Enhancement Act
- S. 1890 – Renew America’s Schools Act of 2019
- S. 2108 – Small County PILT Parity Act
- S. 2393 – Clean Energy Jobs Act of 2019
- S. 2399 – A bill to amend the Energy Policy Act of 2005 to improve State loan eligibility for projects for innovative technology
- S. 2660 – Wind Energy Research and Development Act of 2019
- H.R. 617 – Department of Energy Veterans’ Health Initiative Act
To watch Ranking Member Manchin’s opening statement click here.
To watch the business meeting in full click here.