LWCF permanent funding passes Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee on bipartisan basis
Washington, DC – Today, the U.S. Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee held a business meeting to consider pending legislation. The committee reported out 15 energy and lands bills on a largely bipartisan basis.
“I am tremendously proud of the bipartisan work we conducted today on the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee. We are continuing to advance a climate innovation agenda that provides game-changing support to deployment of the clean energy technologies the United States and the world needs to address climate change. We are also taking major steps toward ensuring our nation’s premier land conservation program gets the resources it deserves and that our parks get the much needed attention they deserve,” Ranking Member Manchin said. “We passed permanent, mandatory funding for the Land and Water Conservation Fund, a solution to address our National Park maintenance backlog, incentives to expand utilization of advanced cybersecurity tools amongst our power generators and legislation to help us develop our untapped geothermal resources.”
Below is the full list of legislation passed out of the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee.
- S. 500 – Restore our Parks Act
- S. 876 – Energy Jobs for Our Heroes Act of 2019
- S. 1081 – Land and Water Conservation Fund Permanent Funding Act
- S. 1739 – Department of Energy National Labs Jobs ACCESS Act
- S. 2368 – Nuclear Energy Renewal Act of 2019
- S. 2418 – Conservation of America’s Shoreline Terrain and Aquatic Life Act
- S. 2425 – CHP Support Act of 2019
- S. 2556 – Protecting Resources on the Electric Grid with Cybersecurity Technology Act of 2019
- S. 2657 – Advanced Geothermal Innovation Leadership Act of 2019
- S. 2668 – Solar Energy Research and Development Act of 2019
- S. 2702 – Integrated Energy Systems Act of 2019
- S. 2714 – APRA-E Reauthorization Act of 2019
- S. 2799 – Nexus of Energy and Water for Sustainability Act of 2019
To watch Ranking Member Manchin’s opening statement click here.
To watch questioning between Senator’s click here.
To watch the business meeting in full click here.