- April 23, 2013.--Introduced to House.
- January 27, 2014.--Passed/agreed to in House: On motion to suspend the rules and pass the bill Agreed to by voice vote.
- January 28, 2014.--Introduced.
- July 30, 2014.--Hearing by subcommittee. (59)
Ranch A Consolidation and Management Improvement Act (Referred in Senate - RFS)
HR 1684 RFS
Received; read twice and referred to the Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
To convey certain property to the State of Wyoming to consolidate the historic Ranch A, and for other purposes.
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,
SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.
- This Act may be cited as the `Ranch A Consolidation and Management Improvement Act'.
SEC. 2. DEFINITIONS.
- In this Act:
- (1) SECRETARY- The term `Secretary' means the Secretary of Agriculture, acting through the Chief of the Forest Service.
- (2) STATE- The term `State' means the State of Wyoming.
SEC. 3. CONVEYANCE.
- (a) In General- Upon the request of the State submitted to the Secretary not later than 180 days after the date of enactment of this Act, the Secretary shall convey to the State, without consideration and by quitclaim deed, all right, title and interest of the United States in and to the parcel of National Forest System land described in subsection (b).
- (b) Description of Land- The parcel of land referred to in subsection (a) is approximately 10 acres of National Forest System land located on the Black Hills National Forest, in Crook County, State of Wyoming more specifically described as the E 1/2 NE 1/4 NW 1/4 SE 1/4 less the south 50 feet, W 1/2 NW 1/4 NE 1/4 SE 1/4 less the south 50 feet, Section 24, Township 52 North, Range 61 West Sixth P.M.
- (c) Terms and Conditions- The conveyance under subsection (a) shall be--
- (1) subject to valid existing rights; and
- (2) made notwithstanding the requirements of subsection (a) of section 1 of Public Law 104-276.
- (d) Survey- If determined by the Secretary to be necessary, the exact acreage and legal description of the land to be conveyed under subsection (a) shall be determined by a survey that is approved by the Secretary and paid for by the State.
SEC. 4. AMENDMENTS.
- Section 1 of the Act of October 9, 1996 (Public Law 104-276) is amended--
- (1) by striking subsection (b); and
- (2) by designating subsection (c) as subsection (b).
Passed the House of Representatives January 27, 2014.
KAREN L. HAAS,