Hearings and Business Meetings
Sep 22 2016
366 Dirksen 09:30 AM
This legislative hearing has been scheduled before the Committee on Energy and Natural Resources. The hearing will be held on Thursday, September 22, 2016, at 9:30 a.m. in Room 366 of the Dirksen Senate Office Building, in Washington, DC.
The purpose of the hearing is to receive testimony on the following bills:
- S. 346, the Southwestern Oregon Watershed and Salmon Protection Act of 2015.
- S. 437, the Improved National Monument Designation Process Act.
- S. 1416, a bill to limit the authority to reserve water rights in designating a national monument.
- S. 2056, the National Volcano Early Warning and Monitoring System Act.
- S. 2380, the RPPA Commercial Recreation Concessions Pilot Program Act of 2015.
- S. 2681, the San Juan County Settlement Implementation Act of 2016.
- S. 2991, the Methow Headwaters Protection Act of 2016.
- S. 3049, the Organ Mountains-Desert Peaks Conservation Act.
- S. 3102, the Pershing County Economic Development and Conservation Act.
- S. 3167, the Appalachian Forest National Heritage Area Act of 2016.
- S. 3192, the Alex Diekmann Peak Designation Act of 2016.
- S. 3203, the Alaska Economic Development and Access to Resources Act.
- S. 3204, the King Cove Road Land Exchange Act.
- S. 3254, the Spearfish Canyon and Bismarck Lake Land Exchange Act.
- S. 3273, the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Improvement Act of 2016.
- S. 3312, the Responsible Disposal Reauthorization Act of 2016.
- S. 3315, the Second Division Memorial Modification Act.
- S. 3316, the Advancing Conservation and Education Act.
- S. 3317, a bill to exempt Utah from the Antiquities Act.
- H.R. 1838, the Clear Creek National Recreation Area and Conservation Act.
- H.R. 2009, the Pascua Yaqui Tribe Land Conveyance Act.
ChairmanU.S. Senate Committee on Energy and Natural ResourcesMurkowski Opening Statement SENR 9-22-16.pdf (159.9 KBs)
Ranking MemberU.S. Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
Witness Panel 1
The Honorable Harry ReidU.S. SenatorState of Nevada
The Honorable Dan SullivanU.S. SenatorState of Alaska
Witness Panel 2
The Honorable Neil KornzeDirector, Bureau of Land ManagementU.S. Department of the Interior
Ms. Leslie WeldonDeputy Chief, U.S. Forest ServiceU.S. Department of Agriculture