The hearing will be held on Wednesday, July 12, 2023, at 2:30 p.m. in Room 366 of the Dirksen Senate Office Building in Washington, DC.
The purpose of this hearing is to receive testimony on the following bills:
- S. 636, to establish the Dolores River National Conservation Area and the Dolores River Special Management Area in the State of Colorado, to protect private water rights in the State, and for other purposes;
- S. 912, to require the Secretary of Energy to provide technology grants to strengthen domestic mining education, and for other purposes;
- S. 1015, to require the Secretary of Agriculture to convey the Pleasant Valley Ranger District Administrative Site to Gila County, Arizona;
- S. 1088, to authorize the relinquishment and in lieu selection of land and minerals in the State of North Dakota, to restore land and minerals to Indian Tribes within the State of North Dakota, and for other purposes;
- S. 1254, to designate and expand wilderness areas in Olympic National Forest in the State of Washington, and to designate certain rivers in Olympic National Forest and Olympic National Park as wild and scenic rivers, and for other purposes;
- S. 1405, to provide for the exchange of certain Federal land and State land in the State of Utah;
- S. 1622, to discourage speculative oil and gas leasing and to promote enhanced multiple use management of public land and National Forest System land, and for other purposes;
- S. 1634, to provide for the designation of certain wilderness areas, recreation management areas, and conservation areas in the State of Colorado, and for other purposes;
- S. 1657, to authorize the Secretary of the Interior to convey certain land to La Paz County, Arizona, and for other purposes;
- S. 1760, to amend the Apex Project, Nevada Land Transfer and Authorization Act of 1989 to include the city of North Las Vegas, Nevada, and the Apex Industrial Park Owners Association, and for other purposes;
- S. 1776, to provide for the protection of and investment in certain Federal land in the State of California, and for other purposes;
- S. 1890, to provide for the establishment of a grazing management program on Federal land in Malheur County, Oregon, and for other purposes;
- S. 2020, to amend the Oregon Resource Conservation Act of 1996 to reauthorize the Deschutes River Conservancy Working Group, for other purposes;
- S. 2042, to amend the Sloan Canyon National Conservation Area Act to adjust the boundary of the Sloan Canyon National Conservation Area, and for other purposes;
- S. 2136, to require the Secretary of the Interior and the Secretary of Agriculture to convey certain Federal land to the State of Utah for inclusion in certain State parks, and for other purposes;
- S. 2149, to sustain economic development and recreational use of National Forest System land in the State of Montana, to add certain land to the National Wilderness Preservation System, to designate new areas for recreation, and for other purposes.
- S. 2216, to release from wilderness study area designation certain land in the State of Montana, to improve the management of that land, and for other purposes.
The hearing will be webcast live on the committee’s website, and an archived video will be available shortly after the hearing concludes.
- Clear your browser's cache - Guide to clearing browser cache
- Close and re-open your browser
- If the above two steps do not help, please try another browser. Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge have the highest level of compatibility with our player.
Sen. Catherine Cortez MastoSubcommittee ChairSubcommitte on Public Lands, Forests, and Mining
Sen. Mike LeeSubcommittee Ranking MemberSubcommittee on Public Lands, Forests, and Mining
Witness Panel 1
Mr. Thomas HeinleinAssistant Director, National Conservation Lands and Community PartnershipsBureau of Land Management, U.S. Department of the Interior
Mr. Christopher FrenchDeputy Chief, National Forest SystemForest Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture
Mr. John J. EntsmingerGeneral ManagerSouthern Nevada Water Authority
Mr. Joseph A. HeringerCommissioner of University and School Trust LandsNorth Dakota Department of Trust Lands