The Subcommittee hearing will be held on Wednesday, July 22, 2020, at 2:30 p.m. EDT in Room 366 of the Dirksen Senate Office Building in Washington, DC.
The purpose of the hearing is to receive testimony on the following bills:
- S. 2718 - Western Water Security Act (Udall)
- S. 3811 - Restoration of Essential Conveyance Act (Feinstein)
- S. 4188 - Water for Tomorrow Act (Harris)
- S. 4189 - Water for Conservation and Farming Act (Wyden)
- S. ____ - Water-Energy Technology Demonstration and Deployment Act (McSally)
Members of the committee may participate in person or online. The committee will follow guidelines developed in consultation with the Office of the Attending Physician and the Senate Rules Committee to protect the health of members, staff, and the public. This includes maintaining six-foot social distance spacing in the hearing room. Pursuant to this guidance, Senate office buildings are not open to the public other than official business visitors and credentialed press at this time. Accordingly, in-person visitors cannot be accommodated at this hearing.
The hearing will be webcast live on the committee’s website, and an archived video will be available shortly after the conclusion of the hearing. Witness testimony will be available on the website at the start of the hearing.
- Clear your browser's cache - Guide to clearing browser cache
- Close and re-open your browser
- If the above two steps do not help, please try another browser. Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge have the highest level of compatibility with our player.
Sen. Martha McSallySubcommittee ChairmanSubcommittee on Water and Power
Sen. Catherine Cortez MastoSubcommittee Ranking MemberSubcommittee on Water and Power
Witness Panel 1
The Honorable Dianne FeinsteinUnited States Senator (CA)
The Honorable Tom UdallUnited States Senator (NM)
Witness Panel 2
Ms. Aubrey BettencourtDeputy Assistant Secretary for Water and ScienceU.S. Department of the Interior
Mr. Dan KeppenExecutive DirectorFamily Farm Alliance
Mr. Joe WhitworthPresidentThe Freshwater Trust