The subcommittee hearing will be held on Wednesday, March 4, 2020, at 2:00 p.m. EST in Room 366 of the Dirksen Senate Office Building in Washington, D.C.
The purpose of the hearing is to receive testimony on the following bills:
- S. 1863 (Durbin), to require the Secretary of the Interior to conduct a special resource study of the sites associated with the life and legacy of the noted American philanthropist and business executive Julius Rosenwald, with a special focus on the Rosenwald Schools, and for other purposes;
- S. 1910 (Sasse), to rename the Homestead National Monument of America near Beatrice, Nebraska, as the Homestead National Historical Park;
- S. 1969 (Cardin), to authorize the Fallen Journalists Memorial Foundation to establish a commemorative work in the District of Columbia and its environs, and for other purposes;
- S. 2206 (Tillis), to express the sense of Congress regarding restoration and maintenance of the Mardasson Memorial in Bastogne, Belgium;
- S. 2340 (Durbin), to establish the Cahokia Mounds Mississippian Culture National Historical Park in the States of Illinois and Missouri, and for other purposes;
- S. 2827 (Brown), to amend title 54, United States Code, to establish within the National Park Service the U.S. African-American Burial Grounds Network, and for other purposes;
- S. 2924 (Heinrich), to establish the Bandelier National Park and Preserve in the State of New Mexico;
- S. 3098 (Perdue), to redesignate the Jimmy Carter National Historic Site as the “Jimmy Carter National Historical Park”;
- S. 3119 (McSally), to modify the boundary of the Casa Grande Ruins National Monument, and for other purposes;
- S. 3121 (McSally), to establish the Chiricahua National Park in the State of Arizona as a unit of the National Park System, and for other purposes;
- S. 3265 (Murphy), to redesignate the Weir Farm National Historic Site in the State of Connecticut as the “Weir Farm National Historical Park”;
- S. 3331 (Gardner), Rocky Mountain Ownership Correction and Boundary Modification;
- H.R. 182/S. 508 (Keating/Markey), to extend the authorization for the Cape Cod National Seashore Advisory Commission; and
- H.R. 1472 (Smith), to rename the Homestead National Monument of America near Beatrice, Nebraska, as the Homestead National Historical Park.
The hearing will be webcast live on the committee’s website, and an archived video will be available shortly after the hearing concludes. Witness testimony will be available on the website at the start of the hearing.
- Clear your browser's cache - Guide to clearing browser cache
- Close and re-open your browser
- If the above two steps do not help, please try another browser. Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge have the highest level of compatibility with our player.
Mr. Shawn BengeActing Deputy Director of OperationsNational Park Service, U.S. Department of the Interior
Sen. Steve DainesSubcommittee ChairmanSubcommittee on National Parks
Sen. Angus KingSubcommittee Ranking MemberSubcommittee on National Parks
Witness Panel 1
Mr. Shawn BengeActing Deputy Director of Operations, U.S. Department of the Interior