Subcommittee on Water and Power Hearing
July 18, 2019
366 Dirksen Senate Office Building
The Subcommittee hearing will be held on Thursday, July 18, 2019, at 10:30 a.m. EDT in Room 366 of the Dirksen Senate Office Building in Washington, DC.
The purpose of the hearing is to examine opportunities to increase water storage and conservation through rehabilitation and development of water supply infrastructure, and to receive testimony on the following bills:
• S. 1570, the Aquifer Recharge Flexibility Act;
• S. 1932, the Drought Resiliency and Water Supply Infrastructure Act; and
• S. 2044, the Water Supply Infrastructure Rehabilitation and Utilization Act.
The hearing will be webcast live on the committee’s website, and an archived video will be available shortly after the hearing is complete. Witness testimony will be available on the website at the start of the hearing.
If you are having trouble viewing this hearing, please try the following steps:
- Clear your browser's cache - Guide to clearing browser cache
- Close and re-open your browser
- If the above two steps do not help, please try another browser. Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge have the highest level of compatibility with our player.
Sen. Martha McSallySubcommittee ChairmanSubcommittee on Water and Power
Sen. Catherine Cortez MastoSubcommittee Ranking MemberSenate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
Witness Panel 1
The Honorable Brenda BurmanCommissioner, Bureau of ReclamationU.S. Department of the Interior
Mr. Wade NobleAttorney for Yuma (AZ) Area Irrigation Districts, Noble Law OfficeFamily Farm Alliance & National Water Resources Association
Mr. Marshall BrownGeneral Manager, Aurora WaterWateReuse Association
Ms. Melinda KassenSenior CounselTheodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership
Mr. Wesley HipkeRecharge Program ManagerIdaho Department of Water Resources