The Subcommittee hearing will be held on Tuesday, July 9, 2019, at 10:00 a.m. EDT in Room 366 of the Dirksen Senate Office Building in Washington, DC.
The purpose of this hearing is to receive testimony on the following bills:
- S. 1602, the Better Energy Storage Technology Act (Collins);
- S. 1593, the Promoting Grid Storage Act of 2019 (Smith);
- S. 1183, the Expanding Access to Sustainable Energy Act of 2019 (Klobuchar);
- S. 1741, the Reducing the Cost of Energy Storage Act of 2019 (Wyden);
- S. 2048, the Joint Long-Term Storage Act of 2019 (King);
- S. 1685, Launching Energy Advancement and Development through Innovations for Natural Gas Act of 2019 (Cornyn);
- S. 143, Department of Energy Veterans’ Health Initiative Act (Ernst);
- S. 983, Weatherization Enhancement and Local Energy Efficiency Investment and Accountability Act of 2019 (Coons);
- S. 1857, Federal Energy and Water Management Performance Act of 2019 (Murkowski);
- S. 1064, Appalachian Energy for National Security Act (Manchin); and
- H.R. 1138, to reauthorize the West Valley demonstration project, and for other purposes (Rep. Reed - NY).
The hearing will be webcast live on the committee’s website, and an archived video will be available shortly after the hearing is complete. Witness testimony will be available on the website at the start of the hearing.
- Clear your browser's cache - Guide to clearing browser cache
- Close and re-open your browser
- If the above two steps do not help, please try another browser. Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge have the highest level of compatibility with our player.
Sen. Bill CassidySubcommittee ChairmanSubcommittee on Energy
Sen. Martin HeinrichSubcommittee Ranking MemberSubcommittee on Energy
Witness Panel 1
The Honorable Susan CollinsUnited States Senate (ME)
The Honorable Amy KlobucharUnited States Senate (MN)
Witness Panel 2
The Honorable Bruce WalkerAssistant Secretary, Office of ElectricityU.S. Department of Energy
Mr. Shawn BennettDeputy Assistant Secretary for Oil and Gas, Office of Fossil EnergyU.S. Department of Energy