The hearing will be held on Thursday, November 21, 2019, at 10:00 a.m. EST in Room 366 of the Dirksen Senate Office Building in Washington, DC.
The purpose of the hearing is to examine federal payments to local governments provided through the Secure Rural Schools (SRS) and Payments in Lieu of Taxes (PILT) programs and to receive testimony on the following bills:
- S. 430, to extend the Secure Rural Schools and Community Self-Determination Act of 2000 (Crapo);
- S. 1643, to amend title 36, United States Code, to grant a Federal charter to the Forest and Refuge County Foundation, to provide for the establishment of the Natural Resources Permanent Fund, and for other purposes (Wyden); and
- S. 2108, to amend section 6903 of title 31, United States Code, to provide for additional population tiers, and for other purposes (Daines).
The hearing will be webcast live on the committee’s website, and an archived video will be available shortly after the hearing concludes. Witness testimony will be available on the website at the start of the hearing.
- Clear your browser's cache - Guide to clearing browser cache
- Close and re-open your browser
- If the above two steps do not help, please try another browser. Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge have the highest level of compatibility with our player.
Sen. Lisa MurkowskiChairmanSenate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
Sen. Joe ManchinRanking MemberSenate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
Witness Panel 1
The Honorable Stephen PrysunkaMayorCity and Borough of Wrangell
Mr. Justin M. DilleyTeacher of Science, Pocahontas County High SchoolPocahontas County Board of Education