The hearing will be held on Wednesday, February 7, at 10:00 a.m. EST in Room 366 of the Dirksen Senate Office Building in Washington, DC.
The purpose of this hearing is to receive testimony on the following bills:
- S. 414 (Heller) / H.R. 1107 (Amodei), the Pershing County Economic Development and Conservation Act.
- S. 441 (Udall), the Organ Mountains-Desert Peaks Conservation Act.
- S. 507 (Tester), the Blackfoot Clearwater Stewardship Act of 2017.
- S. 1046 (Heller), the Eastern Nevada Economic Development and Land Management Improvement Act.
- S. 1222 (Flake), the La Paz County Land Conveyance Act.
- S. 1481 (Murkowski), the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Improvement Act.
- S. 1665 (Hatch) / H.R. 2582 (Love), the Confirming State Land Grants for Education Act.
- S. 2062 (Flake), the Oracle Cabins Conveyance Act of 2017.
- S. 2206 (Daines), the Protect Public Use of Public Lands Act.
- S. 2218 (Bennet), the West Fork Fire Station Act of 2017.
- S. 2249 (Udall), the Rio Puerco Watershed Management Program.
- H.R. 995 (Jefferies), the 21st Century Respect Act.
- H.R. 1404 (Grijalva), the Pascua Yaqui Tribe Land Conveyance Act.
The hearing will be webcast live on the committee’s website, and an archived video will be available shortly after the hearing is complete. Witness testimony will be available on the website at the start of the hearing.
- Clear your browser's cache - Guide to clearing browser cache
- Close and re-open your browser
- If the above two steps do not help, please try another browser. Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge have the highest level of compatibility with our player.
Sen. Mike LeeSubcommittee ChairmanSubcommittee on Public Lands, Forests and Minig
Sen. John BarrassoSubcommittee Ranking MemberSubcommittee on Public Lands, Forests and Minig
Witness Panel 1
The Honorable Dean HellerU.S. Senator (Nevada)
The Honorable Jon TesterU.S. Senator (Montana)
The Honorable Tom UdallU.S. Senator (New Mexico)
Witness Panel 2
Mr. Brian Steed Deputy Director, Policy and ProgramsBureau of Land ManagementU.S. Department of the Interior