The Committee on Energy and Natural Resources Subcommittee on Public Lands, Forests and Mining will hold a legislative hearing on Wednesday, July 26, 2017, at 9:45 a.m. EDT in Room 366 of the Dirksen Senate Office Building in Washington, DC.
The purpose of this hearing is to receive testimony on the following bills:
- S. 32, California Desert Protection and Recreation Act;
- S. 90, Red River Gradient Boundary Survey Act;
- S.357, Santa Ana River Wash Plan Land Exchange Act;
- S.436, San Juan County Settlement Implementation Act;
- S.467, Mohave County Federal Land Management Act;
- S.468, Historic Routes Preservation Act;
- S.614, Recreation and Public Purposes Act Commercial Recreation Concessions Pilot Program Act;
- S.785, Alaska Native Veterans Land Allotment Equity Act;
- S.837, Southern Utah Open OHV Areas Act;
- S.884, Small Miners Waiver Act;
- S.941, Yellowstone Gateway Protection Act;
- S.1149, To amend the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act to repeal a provision limiting the export of timber harvested from land conveyed to the Kake Tribal Corporation;
- S.1230, Water Rights Protection Act;
- S.1271, Fowler and Boskoff Peaks Designation Act; and
- S.1548, Oregon Wildlands Act.
The hearing will be webcast live on the committee’s website, and an archived video will be available shortly after the hearing is complete. Witness testimony will be available on the website at the start of the hearing.
- Clear your browser's cache - Guide to clearing browser cache
- Close and re-open your browser
- If the above two steps do not help, please try another browser. Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge have the highest level of compatibility with our player.
Sen. Mike LeeSubcommittee ChairmanSubcommittee on Public Lands, Forests, and Mining
Sen. Ron WydenSubcommittee Ranking MemberSubcommittee on Public Lands, Forests, and Mining
Witness Panel 1
The Honorable Orrin HatchUnited States Senator
The Honorable Jon TesterUnited States Senator
Witness Panel 2
Mr. Glenn CasamassaAssociate Deputy Chief, National Forest SystemU.S. Department of Agriculture
Mr. John RuhsActing Deputy Director of Operations, Bureau of Land ManagementU.S. Department of the Interior