Water, storage, industrial emissions and efficiency bills pass the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee.
To watch Ranking Member Manchin’s opening statement click here.
To watch the business meeting in full click here.
Washington, DC – Today, the U.S. Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee held a business meeting to consider pending legislation and reported out of committee 21 energy and water bills on a largely bipartisan basis.
“I’m proud of the bipartisan solutions we passed in the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee today. I’m particularly pleased by the energy storage package that includes the ideas of 18 Senators and results in a solid piece of legislation that will make a difference in advancing storage technologies. I’m also excited to see us pass the Clean Industrial Technology Act which engages our manufacturing and industrial communities to work together on solutions to lower greenhouse gas emissions while also cornering the global market for new technologies. The bills we pass today move us closer to our cleaner energy goals,” Ranking Member Manchin said.
Below is the full list of legislation passed out of the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee.
- S. 334, Clean Water for Rural Communities Act
- S. 607, Timely Review of Infrastructure Act
- S. 860, Jackson Gulch Rehabilitation Project Modification Act
- S. 990, Platte River Recovery Implementation Program Extension Act
- S. 1570, Aquifer Recharge Flexibility Act
- S. 1602, BEST Act
- S. 1751, Bureau of Reclamation Pumped Storage Hydropower Development Act
- S. 1821, Marine Energy Research and Development Act of 2019
- S. 1882, A bill to make available continued use of Pick-Sloan Missouri Basin Program project under power by the Kinsey Irrigation Company and the Sidney Water Users Irrigation District, for other purposes.
- S. 1931, Western Area Power Administration Transparency Act
- S. 2044, Water Supply Infrastructure Rehabilitation and Utilization Act
- S. 2094/H.R. 2114, Enhancing State Energy Security Planning and Emergency Preparedness Act of 2019
- S. 2095, Enhancing Grid Security through Public-Private Partnerships Act
- S. 2137, Energy Savings and Industrial Competitiveness Act of 2019
- S. 2300, CIT Act of 2019
- S. 2332, Grid Modernization Act of 2019
- S. 2333, Energy Cybersecurity Act of 2019
- S. 2334, 21stCentury Energy Workforce Act of 2019
- S. 2335, Smart Building Acceleration Act of 2019
- H.R. 1420, Energy Efficiency Government Technology Act