---On Thursday, July 28, the full committee will consider the nominations of Charles McConnell to assistant secretary of energy for fossil energy and Rebecca Wodder, assistant secretary for fish and wildlife. (Dirksen366 at 10:00 a.m.)
---On Thursday, July 28, the Subcommittee on National Parks will hold a legislative hearing on the following 12 bills:
- S. 264, the Natchez Trace Parkway Land Conveyance Act of 2011;
- S. 265, the Champion Hill, Port Gibson, and Raymond Battlefields Addition Act;
- S. 324, to extend to the Chesapeake and Ohio Canal National Historical Park Commission;
- S. 764, the Chetco River Protection Act of 2011;
- S. 864, the Distinguished Flying Cross National Act;
- S. 883, to establish a memorial on Federal land in the District of Columbia to honor free persons and slaves who fought for independence, liberty, and justice for all during the American Revolution;
- S. 888, to designate a segment of Illabot Creek in Skagit County, Wash., as a component of the National Wild and Scenic Rivers System;
- S. 925, Mt. Andrea Lawrence Designation Act of 2011;
- S. 970, the White Clay Creek Wild and Scenic River Expansion Act of 2011;
- S. 1063, the Huna Tlingit Traditional Gull Egg Use Act of 2011; and
- S. 1134, the St. Croix River Crossing Project Authorization Act.
Witnesses will be posted to the Committee website. (Dirksen 366 at 2:30 p.m.)
This week, the Committee had extraordinary attendance at both our hearing on natural gas and our mark-up of oil and gas bills. As a result, there was one item that received a little less attention than it merits – the Chairman’s guest column this week on cybersecurity that ran in The Hill. Check it out here.
# # #