Official Short: Gaylord Nelson Apostle Islands Stewardship Act of 1999
Long Title: To direct the Secretary of the Interior to study whether the Apostle Islands National Lakeshore should be protected as a wilderness area.
Sponsors: Mr. Feingold and Mr. Kohl
- Apostle Islands Stewardship Act of 1999
- Oct 6 2000 12:00AM: Referred to House Committee on Resources.
(Measure incorporated into Public Law 106-291)
- Oct 5 2000 12:00AM: Passed Senate after agreeing to a committee amendment. (voice vote)
- Aug 25 2000 12:00AM: Reported to the Senate with an amendment. S. Rept. 106-371
- Jul 17 2000 12:00AM: Requested reports from Interior and OMB.
- Jul 13 2000 12:00AM: Full committee business meeting; ordered reported with an amendment. (voice vote)
- Jun 29 2000 12:00AM: Hearing by subcommittee. (126) S. Hrg. 106-804
- Jan 19 1999 12:00AM: Introduced.