Official Short: National Park System New Area Study Act of 2000
Long Title: To direct the Secretary of the Interior to conduct special resource studies to determine the national significance of specific sites as well as the suitability and feasibility of their inclusion as units of the National Park System.
Sponsors: Mr. Thomas
- Jan 27 2000 12:00AM: Referred to House Committee on Resources.
(Measure incorporated into Public Law 106-113)
- Nov 19 1999 12:00AM: Passed Senate after agreeing to committee amendments. (voice vote)
- Nov 2 1999 12:00AM: Reported to the Senate with amendments. S. Rept. 106-208
- Oct 27 1999 12:00AM: Report from Interior.
- Oct 20 1999 12:00AM: Full committee business meeting; ordered reported with amendments. (voice vote)
- Jul 29 1999 12:00AM: Hearing by subcommittee. (55) S. Hrg. 106-301
- Jul 22 1999 12:00AM: Requested reports from Interior and OMB.
- Jul 12 1999 12:00AM: Introduced.