Feb 26 2013
Long Title: To amend the Wild and Scenic Rivers Act to designate a segment of Illabot Creek in Skagit County, Washington, as a component of the National Wild and Scenic Rivers System.
Sponsors: Mrs. Murray and Ms. Cantwell.
- 02/26/2013: Introduced.
- 03/14/2013: Full committee business meeting; ordered reported without amendment. (voice vote)
- 04/22/2013: Reported to the Senate without amendment. S. Rept. 113-30
- 04/22/2013: Placed on Senate Legislative Calendar. [Calendar No. 61]
S 383 IS
Mrs. MURRAY (for herself and Ms. CANTWELL) introduced the following bill; which was read twice and referred to the Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,
SECTION 1. DESIGNATION OF WILD AND SCENIC RIVER SEGMENTS.
- Section 3(a) of the Wild and Scenic Rivers Act (16 U.S.C. 1274(a)) is amended by adding at the end the following:
- `(208) ILLABOT CREEK, WASHINGTON-
- `(A) The 14.3-mile segment from the headwaters of Illabot Creek to the northern terminus as generally depicted on the map titled `Illabot Creek Proposed WSR-Northern Terminus', dated September 15, 2009, to be administered by the Secretary of Agriculture as follows:
- `(i) The 4.3-mile segment from the headwaters of Illabot Creek to the boundary of Glacier Peak Wilderness Area as a wild river.
- `(ii) The 10-mile segment from the boundary of Glacier Peak Wilderness to the northern terminus as generally depicted on the map titled `Illabot Creek Proposed WSR-Northern Terminus', dated September 15, 2009, as a recreational river.
- `(B) Action required to be taken under subsection (d)(1) for the river segments designated under this paragraph shall be completed through revision of the Skagit Wild and Scenic River comprehensive management plan.'.