Mar 05 2013
Long Title: To modify the boundary of the Minuteman Missile National Historic Site in the State of South Dakota, and for other purposes.
Sponsors: Mr. Johnson of South Dakota and Mr. Thune.STATUS
- 03/05/2013: Introduced.
- 03/14/2013: Full committee business meeting; ordered reported without amendment. (voice vote)
- 04/22/2013: Reported to the Senate without amendment. S. Rept. 113-32
- 04/22/2013: Placed on Senate Legislative Calendar. [Calendar No. 63]
S 459 IS
Mr. JOHNSON of South Dakota (for himself and Mr. THUNE) introduced the following bill; which was read twice and referred to the Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,
SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.
- This Act may be cited as the `Minuteman Missile National Historic Site Boundary Modification Act'.
SEC. 2. BOUNDARY MODIFICATION.
- Section 3(a) of the Minuteman Missile National Historic Site Establishment Act of 1999 (16 U.S.C. 461 note; Public Law 106-115) is amended--
- (1) by redesignating paragraphs (3) and (4) as paragraphs (4) and (5), respectively; and
- (2) by inserting after paragraph (2) the following:
- `(3) VISITOR FACILITY AND ADMINISTRATIVE SITE-
- `(A) IN GENERAL- In addition to the components described in paragraph (2), the historic site shall include a visitor facility and administrative site located on the parcel of land described in subparagraph (B).
- `(B) DESCRIPTION OF LAND- The land referred to in subparagraph (A) consists of--
- `(i) approximately 25 acres of land within the Buffalo Gap National Grassland, located north of exit 131 on Interstate 90 in Jackson County, South Dakota, as generally depicted on the map entitled `Minuteman Missile National Historic Site Boundary Modification', numbered 406/80,011A, and dated January 14, 2011; and
- `(ii) approximately 3.65 acres of land located at the Delta 1 Launch Control Facility for the construction and use of a parking lot and for other administrative uses.
- `(C) AVAILABILITY OF MAP- The map described in subparagraph (B) shall be kept on file and available for public inspection in the appropriate offices of the National Park Service.
- `(D) TRANSFER OF ADMINISTRATIVE JURISDICTION- Administrative jurisdiction over the land described in subparagraph (B) is transferred from the Secretary of Agriculture to the Secretary, to be administered as part of the historic site.
- `(E) BOUNDARY ADJUSTMENT- The boundaries of the Buffalo Gap National Grassland are modified to exclude the land transferred under subparagraph (D).'.