Jan 13 2003
Official Short: Noxious Weed Control Act of 2003
Long Title: To require the Secretary of the Interior to establish a program to provide assistance through States to eligible weed management entitites to control or eradicate harmful, nonnative weeds on public and private land.
Sponsors: Mr. Craig, Mr. Hagel, Mr. Daschle, Mr. Crapo, Mr. Baucus, Mr. Burns, Mr. Dorgan, Mr. Smith, Mr. Johnson and Mr. Ensign
- Weed management entitites to control ro eradicate harmful, nonnative weeds on public and private land, to require the Secretary of the Interior to establish a program to provide assistance through States to eligible
- Oct 30 2004 12:00AM: Approved. Public Law 108-412
- Oct 10 2004 12:00AM: Senate concurred in the amendments of the House. (voice vote)
- Oct 4 2004 12:00AM: Passed House amended. (voice vote)
- Jun 1 2004 12:00AM: Reported to the House, amended by House Committee on Resources. H. Rept. 108-517
- Mar 5 2003 12:00AM: Referred to House Committee on Resources in addition to House Committee on Agriculture for a period to be subsequently determined by the Speaker, in each case for consideration of such provisions as fall within the jurisdiction of the committee concerned.
- Mar 4 2003 12:00AM: Passed Senate after agreeing to a committee amendment in the nature of a substitute. (voice vote)
- Feb 11 2003 12:00AM: Reported to the Senate with an amendment in the nature of a substitute. S. Rept. 108-6
- Feb 7 2003 12:00AM: Congressional Budget Office cost estimate received.
- Feb 6 2003 12:00AM: Requested reports from Interior and OMB.
- Feb 5 2003 12:00AM: Full committee business meeting; ordered reported with an amendment in the nature of a substitute. (voice vote)
- Jan 13 2003 12:00AM: Introduced.