Official Short: Northern Mariana Islands Covenant Implementation Act
Long Title: To implement further the Act (Public Law 94-241) approving the Covenant to Establish a Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands in Political Union with the United States of America, and for other purposes.
Sponsors: Mr. Murkowski, Mr. Akaka, Mr. Bingaman and Mr. Harkin
- Trust Territories
- Feb 15 2000 12:00AM: Referred to House Committee on Resources.
- Feb 7 2000 12:00AM: Passed Senate after agreeing to a committee amendment in the nature of a substitute. (voice vote) Agreed to Mr. Murkowski and Mr. Akaka amendment no. 2807 (Cong. Record S369) printed (Cong. Record S384)(to the Committee amendment, to clarify that visas and admissions under the legislation are not to be counted against numerical limitations in the Immigation and Nationality Act).
- Feb 3 2000 12:00AM: Unanimous-consent agreement providing for consideration of S. 1052.
- Nov 1 1999 12:00AM: Reported to the Senate with an amendment in the nature of a substitute. S. Rept. 106-204
- Oct 20 1999 12:00AM: Full committee business meeting; ordered reported with an amendment in the nature of a substitute. (voice vote)
- Sep 27 1999 12:00AM: Mr. Harkin added as cosponsor.
- Sep 22 1999 12:00AM: Full committee business meeting.
- Sep 14 1999 12:00AM: Hearing by full committee. (58) S. Hrg. 106-326
- May 13 1999 12:00AM: Introduced.