Dec 09 2013
Long Title: To facilitate a land exchange involving certain National Forest System lands in the Inyo National Forest, and for other purposes.
- March 18, 2013.--Introduced.
- December 3, 2013.--Passed House on motion to suspend the rules and pass the bill Agreed to by voice vote.
- December 9, 2013.--Referred to Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources.
- July 30, 2014.--Hearing by subcommittee. (59)
To facilitate a land exchange involving certain National Forest System lands in the Inyo National Forest, and for other purposes. (Referred in Senate - RFS)
HR 1241 RFS
Received; read twice and referred to the Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
To facilitate a land exchange involving certain National Forest System lands in the Inyo National Forest, and for other purposes.
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,
SECTION 1. SPECIAL RULES FOR INYO NATIONAL FOREST LAND EXCHANGE.
- (a) Authority To Accept Lands Outside Boundaries of Inyo National Forest- In any land exchange involving the conveyance of certain National Forest System land located within the boundaries of Inyo National Forest in California, as shown on the map titled `Federal Parcel' and dated June 2011, the Secretary of Agriculture may accept for acquisition in the exchange certain non-Federal lands in California lying outside the boundaries of Inyo National Forest, as shown on the maps titled `DWP Parcel - Interagency Visitor Center Parcel' and `DWP Parcel - Town of Bishop Parcel' and dated June 2011, if the Secretary determines that acquisition of the non-Federal lands is desirable for National Forest System purposes.
- (b) Cash Equalization Payment; Use- In an exchange described in subsection (a), the Secretary of Agriculture may accept a cash equalization payment in excess of 25 percent. Any such cash equalization payment shall be deposited into the account in the Treasury of the United States established by Public Law 90-171 (commonly known as the Sisk Act; 16 U.S.C. 484a) and shall be made available to the Secretary for the acquisition of land for addition to the National Forest System.
- (c) Rule of Construction- Nothing in this section shall be construed to grant the Secretary of Agriculture new land exchange authority. This section modifies the use of land exchange authorities already available to the Secretary as of the date of the enactment of this Act.
Passed the House of Representatives December 3, 2013.
KAREN L. HAAS,