Jun 12 2013
Official Short: North Cascades National Park Service Complex Fish Stocking Act
Long Title: To direct the Secretary of the Interior to continue stocking fish in certain lakes in the North Cascades National Park, Ross Lake National Recreation Area, and Lake Chelan National Recreation Area.
- March 14, 2013.--Introduced in House.
- May 17, 2013.--Reported by Committee on Natural Resources. H. Rept. 113-68.
- June 11, 2013.--Passed in House by voice vote.
- June 12, 2013.--Received in Senate.
- July 31, 2013.--Hearing by Subcommittee S.Hrg. 113-93.
- December 19, 2013.--Ordered to be reported without amendment favorably.
- April 10, 2014.--Reported to the Senate without amendents. S. Rept. 113-151.
- April 10, 2014.--Placed on Senate Legislative Calendar. [Calendar No. 362].
- July 9, 2014.--Passed Senate without amendment by Unanimous Consent.
- July 10, 2014.--Message on Senate action sent to House.
- July 15, 2014.--Pressented to the President.
- July 25, 2014.--Signed by President.
- July 25, 2014.--Became Public Law 113-137.
North Cascades National Park Service Complex Fish Stocking Act (Referred in Senate - RFS)
HR 1158 RFS
Received; read twice and referred to the Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
To direct the Secretary of the Interior to continue stocking fish in certain lakes in the North Cascades National Park, Ross Lake National Recreation Area, and Lake Chelan National Recreation Area.
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,
SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.
- This Act may be cited as the `North Cascades National Park Service Complex Fish Stocking Act'.
SEC. 2. DEFINITIONS.
- In this Act:
- (1) NORTH CASCADES NATIONAL PARK SERVICE COMPLEX- The term `North Cascades National Park Service Complex' means collectively the North Cascades National Park, Ross Lake National Recreation Area, and Lake Chelan National Recreation Area.
- (2) PLAN- The term `plan' means the document entitled `North Cascades National Park Service Complex Mountain Lakes Fishery Management Plan and Environmental Impact Statement' and dated June 2008.
- (3) SECRETARY- The term `Secretary' means the Secretary of the Interior.
SEC. 3. STOCKING OF CERTAIN LAKES IN THE NORTH CASCADES NATIONAL PARK SERVICE COMPLEX.
- (a) In General- Subject to subsection (b), the Secretary shall authorize the stocking of fish in lakes in the North Cascades National Park Service Complex.
- (b) Conditions-
- (1) IN GENERAL- The Secretary is authorized to allow stocking of fish in not more than 42 of the 91 lakes in the North Cascades National Park Service Complex that have historically been stocked with fish.
- (2) NATIVE NONREPRODUCING FISH- The Secretary shall only stock fish that are--
- (A) native to the slope of the Cascade Range on which the lake to be stocked is located; and
- (B) nonreproducing, as identified in management alternative B of the plan.
- (3) CONSIDERATIONS- In making fish stocking decisions under this Act, the Secretary shall consider relevant scientific information, including the plan and information gathered under subsection (c).
- (4) REQUIRED COORDINATION- The Secretary shall coordinate the stocking of fish under this Act with the State of Washington.
- (c) Research and Monitoring- The Secretary shall--
- (1) continue a program of research and monitoring of the impacts of fish stocking on the resources of the applicable unit of the North Cascades National Park Service Complex; and
- (2) beginning on the date that is 5 years after the date of enactment of this Act and every 5 years thereafter, submit to the Committee on Energy and Natural Resources of the Senate and the Committee on Natural Resources of the House of Representatives a report that describes the results of the research and monitoring under paragraph (1).
Passed the House of Representatives June 11, 2013.
KAREN L. HAAS,