- February 27, 2013.--Introduced.
- April 9, 2013.--Mr. Casey added as cosponsor.
- April 22, 2013.--Committee on Energy and Natural Resources. Reported by Senator Wyden without amendment. With written report No. 113-31.
- April 22, 2013.--Placed on Senate Legislative Calendar. [Calendar No. 62]
- June 19, 2013.--Passed Senate without amendment by Unanimous Consent.
- June 20, 2013.--Received in the House.
- June 20, 2013.--Message on Senate action sent to the House.
- June 20, 2013.--Referred to the House Committee on Natural Resources.
S 393 IS
Mr. COONS (for himself and Mr. CARPER) introduced the following bill; which was read twice and referred to the Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,
SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.
- This Act may be cited as the `White Clay Creek Wild and Scenic River Expansion Act of 2013'.
SEC. 2. DESIGNATION OF SEGMENTS OF WHITE CLAY CREEK, AS SCENIC AND RECREATIONAL RIVERS.
- Section 3(a)(163) of the Wild and Scenic Rivers Act (16 U.S. C. 1274(a)(163)) is amended--
- (1) in the matter preceding subparagraph (A)--
- (A) by striking `190 miles' and inserting `199 miles'; and
- (B) by striking `the recommended designation and classification maps (dated June 2000)' and inserting `the map entitled `White Clay Creek Wild and Scenic River Designated Area Map' and dated July 2008, the map entitled `White Clay Creek Wild and Scenic River Classification Map' and dated July 2008, and the map entitled `White Clay Creek National Wild and Scenic River Proposed Additional Designated Segments-July 2008';
- (2) by striking subparagraph (B) and inserting the following:
- `(B) 22.4 miles of the east branch beginning at the southern boundary line of the Borough of Avondale, including Walnut Run, Broad Run, and Egypt Run, outside the boundaries of the White Clay Creek Preserve, as a recreational river.'; and
- (3) by striking subparagraph (H) and inserting the following:
- `(H) 14.3 miles of the main stem, including Lamborn Run, that flow through the boundaries of the White Clay Creek Preserve, Pennsylvania and Delaware, and White Clay Creek State Park, Delaware beginning at the confluence of the east and middle branches in London Britain Township, Pennsylvania, downstream to the northern boundary line of the City of Newark, Delaware, as a scenic river.'.
SEC. 3. ADMINISTRATION OF WHITE CLAY CREEK.
- Sections 4 through 8 of Public Law 106-357 (16 U.S.C. 1274 note; 114 Stat. 1393), shall be applicable to the additional segments of the White Clay Creek designated by the amendments made by section 2.