WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Sen. Lisa Murkowski, R-Alaska, today commended President Obama for signing five energy and lands measures into law.
“I commend the President, as well as my Senate and House colleagues for working together to enact these five measures into law,” Murkowski said. “Sen. Wyden and I have sought to keep up the Energy and Natural Resources Committee’s long history of being among the most productive committees in the Senate, so it’s encouraging to see our hard work come to fruition.”
The five bills enacted today are:
- The Powell Shooting Range Land Conveyance Act (S. 130): directs the Secretary of the Interior to convey, without consideration, a certain parcel of Federal land to the Powell Recreation District in Wyoming – Sponsored by Sens. Enzi (R-Wyo.) and Barrasso (R-Wyo.)
- The Denali National Park Improvement Act (S. 157): authorizes the Secretary of the Interior to issue permits for microhydro electric projects in the Kantishna Hills area of the Denali National Park and Preserve in Alaska; authorizes the exchange of Federal lands within the Park with land owned by Doyon Tourism, Inc.; authorizes the Secretary to issue permits to construct a natural gas pipeline in the Park; and designates the Talkeetna Ranger Station as the Walter Harper Talkeetna Ranger Station – Sponsored by Sens. Murkowski (R-Alaska) and Begich (D-Alaska)
- S. 256: conveys to the Government of the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands the submerged lands surrounding the islands extending three geographical miles outward from the coastline and delays certain scheduled minimum wage increases – Sponsored by Sens. Wyden (D-Ore.) and Murkowski (R-Alaska)
- The Natchez Trace Parkway Land Conveyance Act of 2013 (S. 304): directs the Secretary of the Interior to convey, without consideration, approximately 67 acres of Federal land to the State of Mississippi – Sponsored by Sens. Cochran (R-Miss.) and Wicker (R-Miss.)
- The Minuteman Missile National Historic Site Boundary Modification Act (S. 459): modifies the boundary of the Minuteman Missile National Historic Site in South Dakota – Sponsored by Sens. Johnson (D-S.D.) and Thune (R-S.D.)