May 16, 2013
- February 6, 2013.--Introduced to House
- February 6, 2013.--Referred to House Committee on Natural Resources
- April 24, 2013.--Committee Consideration and Mark-up Session Held
- April 24, 2013.--Ordered to be Reported by Unanimous Consent.
- May 14, 2013.--Reported by the Committee on Natural Resources. H. Rept. 113-56.
- May 14, 2013.--Placed on the Union Calendar, Calendar No. 34.
- May 14, 2013.--House Debate; On motion to suspend the rules and pass the bill Agreed to by voice vote.
- May 15, 2013.--Motion to reconsider laid on the table Agreed to without objection.
- May 16, 2013: Introduced in Senate.
To amend Public Law 93-435 with respect to the Northern Mariana Islands, providing parity with Guam, the Virgin Islands, and American Samoa. (Referred in Senate - RFS)
HR 573 RFS
Received; read twice and referred to the Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
To amend Public Law 93-435 with respect to the Northern Mariana Islands, providing parity with Guam, the Virgin Islands, and American Samoa.
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,
SECTION 1. AMENDMENT.
- (a) In General- The first section and section 2 of Public Law 93-435 (48 U.S.C. 1705, 1706) are amended by inserting `the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands,' after `Guam,' each place it appears.
- (b) References to Date of Enactment- For the purposes of the amendment made by subsection (a), each reference in Public Law 93-435 to the `date of enactment' shall be considered to be a reference to the date of the enactment of this section.
Passed the House of Representatives May 15, 2013.
KAREN L. HAAS,