Official Short Title: American Battlefield Protection Program Amendments Act of 2013
Sponsors: Rep. Rush Holt
- April 9, 2013.--Reported by the Committee on Natural Resources. H. Rept. 113-29.
- 04/10/2013: Received.
- 04/10/2013: Received in the Senate and Read twice and referred to the Committee on Energy and Natural Resources. Passed/agreed to in House, 283 - 122.
- May 22, 2014.--Reported in Senate with an amendment. S. Rept No. 113-172.
- May 22, 2014.--Placed on Senate Legislative Calendar .[Calendar No. 398].
American Battlefield Protection Program Amendments Act of 2013 (Referred in Senate - RFS)
HR 1033 RFS
Received; read twice and referred to the Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
To authorize the acquisition and protection of nationally significant battlefields and associated sites of the Revolutionary War and the War of 1812 under the American Battlefield Protection Program.
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,
SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.
- This Act may be cited as the `American Battlefield Protection Program Amendments Act of 2013'.
SEC. 2. REVOLUTIONARY WAR AND WAR OF 1812 AMERICAN BATTLEFIELD PROTECTION.
- Section 7301(c) of the Omnibus Public Land Management Act of 2009 (Public Law 111-11) is amended as follows:
- (1) In paragraph (1)--
- (A) by striking subparagraph (A) and inserting the following:
- `(A) BATTLEFIELD REPORT- The term `battlefield report' means, collectively--
- `(i) the report entitled `Report on the Nation's Civil War Battlefields', prepared by the Civil War Sites Advisory Commission, and dated July 1993; and
- `(ii) the report entitled `Report to Congress on the Historic Preservation of Revolutionary War and War of 1812 Sites in the United States', prepared by the National Park Service, and dated September 2007.'; and
- (B) in subparagraph (C)(ii), by striking `Battlefield Report' and inserting `battlefield report'.
- (2) In paragraph (2), by inserting `eligible sites or' after `acquiring'.
- (3) In paragraph (3), by inserting `an eligible site or' after `acquire'.
- (4) In paragraph (4), by inserting `an eligible site or' after