March 14, 2013
Washington, D.C. – In its first markup of the 113th Congress, the Energy and Natural Resources Committee today passed 19 bills relating to public lands. All 19 bills were previously reported by the committee or passed by the full Senate in the last Congress.
Below is the full list of bills passed.
1. S. 23, a bill to designate as wilderness certain land and inland water within the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore in the State of Michigan, and for other purposes.
2. S. 25, a bill to direct the Secretary of the Interior to convey certain Federal features of the electric distribution system to the South Utah Valley Electric Service District, and for other purposes.
3. S. 26, a bill to authorize the Secretary of the Interior to facilitate the development of hydroelectric power on the Diamond Fork System of the Central Utah Project.
4. S. 112, a bill to expand the Alpine Lakes Wilderness in the State of Washington, to designate the Middle Fork Snoqualmie River and Pratt River as wild and scenic rivers, and for other purposes.
5. S. 130, a bill to require the Secretary of the Interior to convey certain Federal land to the Powell Recreation District in the State of Wyoming.
6. S. 157, a bill to provide for certain improvements to the Denali National Park and Preserve in the State of Alaska, and for other purposes.
7. S. 222, a bill to amend the Surface Mining Control and Reclamation Act of 1977 to clarify that uncertified States and Indian tribes have the authority to use certain payments for certain noncoal reclamation projects and acid mine remediation programs.
8. S. 230, a bill to authorize the Peace Corps Commemorative Foundation to establish a commemorative work in the District of Columbia and its environs, and for other purposes.
10. S. 244, a bill to amend the Energy Policy Act of 2005 to modify the Pilot Project offices of the Federal Permit Streamlining Pilot Project.
11. S. 247, a bill to establish the Harriet Tubman National Historical Park in Auburn, New York, and the Harriet Tubman Underground Railroad National Historical Park in Caroline, Dorchester, and Talbot Counties, Maryland, and for other purposes, with an amendment (FLO13194).
12. S. 276, A bill to reinstate and extend the deadline for commencement of construction of a hydroelectric project involving the American Falls Reservoir.
13. S. 304, a bill to direct the Secretary of the Interior to convey to the State of Mississippi 2 parcels of surplus land within the boundary of the Natchez Trace Parkway, and for other purposes.
14. S. 311, a bill to direct the Secretary of the Interior to study the suitability and feasibility of designating sites in the Lower Mississippi River Area in the State of Louisiana as a unit of the National Park System, and for other purposes, with an amendment (FLO13196).
15. S. 347, a bill to establish the First State National Historical Park in the State of Delaware, and for other purposes, with an amendment (FLO13195).
16. S. 352, a bill to provide for the designation of the Devil's Staircase Wilderness Area in the State of Oregon, to designate segments of Wasson and Franklin Creeks in the State of Oregon as wild rivers, and for other purposes
17. S. 354, a bill to modify the boundary of the Oregon Caves National Monument, and for other purposes.
18. S. 383, a bill to amend the Wild and Scenic Rivers Act to designate a segment of Illabot Creek in Skagit County, Washington, as a component of the National Wild and Scenic Rivers System.
19. S. 393, a bill to designate additional segments and tributaries of White Clay Creek, in the States of Delaware and Pennsylvania, as a component of the National Wild and Scenic Rivers System.
20. S. 459, a bill to modify the boundary of the Minuteman Missile National Historic Site in the State of South Dakota, and for other purposes.